Saturday, October 04, 2008

Un-Happy Anniversary

I received my monthly update about the adoption. I knew what it would say, since I have not received that tear-inspiring "You're out!" phone call from my social worker.

We are not out.

Tuesday will be our un-happy anniversary of one year of notification of being in IBESR.

I have prayed over and over that I could give you good news. I fear that for you, reading my blog is like having a friend with a long illness. You don't know how to pray any more. You don't know how to deal with the situation. You see no improvement so you want to just stay away.

I encourage you to continue to pray for my girls. I encourage you to pray for my waiting heart. Please pray that something would grab the attention of the new IBESR director, Jeanne Bernard, and she would sign us off immediately (I'm not against praying that the file would fly up and do a little dance in front of her, you know?!?!).

Thank you for your love and support.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're in the same boat with you---crying with you, praying with you, and hoping with you:)

Job 13:15, "Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him..."

Jodie said...

May prayers are with you, too!! I can't believe what's going on.

Heather said...

I am so sorry Jodie. I will be praying that your file is released very soon.

Love,
Heather

Lisa said...

I am continuing to pray, friend, and I won't stop until your girls are home. Keep strong in God's promises. He's using this for good - it's just hard to see what that is...

Kathy Cassel said...

Maybe she will notice how long it's been there and sign it through.

I am starting to panick a little about parquet. I was hoping I'd fly right through since ibesr took 9 mo. and maybe I could make up some time but I just got my fourth "you are still in parquet and no one really cares notice."

Okay, it didn't quite say that but you know what I mean. Like, what do they really care. I just want them to sign ALL of our files through and get them off their desk.

Julie said...

Praying here too. I am so sorry this journey is so difficult. Keep pressing on!

Mary said...

"Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, "Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the LORD swore to their forefathers to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance. 8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:7-9
We are still here Jodie and still praying for you and your girls!

Ashleigh said...

Jodie, just saw this. I was too overwhelmed with editing yesterday to check blogs before church. I'm so sorry. I'll keep praying.

kayder1996 said...

"You are pressed but not crushed, persecuted not abandoned." Keep the faith. I can't imagine how hard it is to not be crushed or to feel abandoned. Wishing I could snap my fingers and make it happen...
Kayla

Terry said...

I'm not going to stay away. Making it a point this week to specifically concentrate prayers on all the files in IBESR that have been there way too long. Have you called to ask what the deal is? Praying for you and your girls! Terry