Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fondant First

I am in the middle of my Wilton Course 3 class and worked with fondant for the first time. We covered square cakes (because they are more difficult to cover). I marbled my fondant with copper coloring, making a darker bow, spirals, and buttercream bead border along the bottom.

I really like the look of fondant cakes and I hope I can get better at it.

I did the copper for fall, but the marbled effect would be cool for a older kid's or teen's birthday.





7 comments:

Lisa said...

This looks awesome! I really like the swirly color - it almost looks pink in the pictures. Thanks for sharing the pictures - I only wish you could share the cake. :) Did Charis have her fork out when you got home?

And I've never figured out how people make this stuff. I'm not steady enough with my hands. I have trouble putting store-bought frosting on a cake to look half-way decent.

Katy said...

Wow...impressive..

Katie said...

That is so cool! It is such an art to make beautiful cakes!

Ashleigh said...

Beautiful!

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow. You blow me away. I'd have thrown it at a wall before I was done.

Emily said...

your cakes are way too cool-- :)

The Adventure said...

That is amazing!!!