Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Charis and I joined some friends today at an area pumpkin patch that donates 10% of its proceeds to JDRF. For a flat fee, children get to feed the animals, have a pony ride, take a hay ride, and get a pumpkin (and they all were big pumpkins!)

The farm had chickens, cows (including a very shaggy Scottish one), horses, donkeys, a camel, llamas, sheep, goats, pigs, and rabbits. Charis wanted NOTHING to do with the animals, except the rabbits. It didn't help that this huge pig was walking around.


The demon llamas (or are they alpacas?). I think one of them spit at me as I turned my back.


One of the donkeys.


A couple of the very aggressive sheep. They wanted the feed NOW!


The terror-inducing side of bacon.


Charis at peace with the rabbits. She tried to feed them the animal feed, but they weren't interested.


The camel that ate my entire hand trying to get to the feed.


Rope 'em, Cowgirl Charis!


I love this picture ... she was having such fun on the ponies. I need to Photoshop out the dunnies in the background.


On the hay ride. Charis likes her headbands riding low ...


"I (grunt) want (grunt) this (grunt) one!"

6 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I'm so jealous. Everyone is posting about going to pumpkin patches and I can't find one here. I guess it's Walmart patch : )

It looks like you had a great time. That pumpkin probably weighs a quarter of her weight!

Katie said...

It looks like Charis had such a fun time. I don't think I ever had that much fun picking out a pumpkin when I was a kid :-)

The Adventure said...

Looks fun - kids love picking out pumpkins don't they - as long as Mom or Dad can carry it! Love her hair and headband!!

Rebecca said...

LOL@ "terror-inducing side of bacon." We're going to the pumpkin patch this weekend!

Salzwedel Family said...

Looks like everyone had a fun time!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Boy, do I miss my kids being this age. What happened to my babies?