Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cake Class II

I just finished my final for Wilton Course II — working with royal icing, color flow, and learning to do the basket weave. I had to use a different tip for my basket weave than the book called for, because my icing was "grainy" and clogging the tip. Weird.



I walked in the door and Charis ran for her fork. :(



Also, the "back" of my cake fell off on the way home. But I just shoved it back on and gave that piece to Charis.



The royal icing flowers are fun, because you can make them way ahead of time. They dry hard and you can store them longer than Twinkies in an air-tight container. So ... you may end up with Victorian roses, pansies, or daffodils on YOUR cake. :)

9 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow!

Don't think I'd have the patience.

Bon travay.

Ashleigh said...

Beautiful!!!

Terry said...

Almost too pretty to eat! but i'm with Charis, let's get the fork! Terry

Jodie said...

I took it to my Mothers of Preschoolers meeting this morning and someone wondered who brought the wedding cake!

Lisa said...

You have quite the talent, Jodie! Looks great! And yummy!

Jodie said...

I don't sew or scrapbook ... too bad I picked a "fattening" hobby!

The Adventure said...

Gorgeous!!

Emily said...

dang!!! that's impressive-- i have no patience for that sort of thing!! it looks professional!!!

Jodie said...

I was told after my first class that I was "experienced enough" to work at a supermarket bakery. That's sad.