We got there Saturday in time for the rubber duck races (kids' race). There also was a carnival going on along the Blue River, but the tickets were $5 each (and each thing was at least one ticket). So we passed on that stuff. There is a really awesome toy store (Peak-a-Boo Toys) along the downtown area with a play area in the back. We visited the store a couple times.
On Sunday, we went for a hike at Sapphire Point (overlooking Lake Dillon). It was a really easy hike (1.5 miles, fairly flat), but Charis wasn't enthused. I wonder if the additional altitude bothered her.
Last year, we went in the fall and saw the beautiful changing aspens. I'm glad we got to see the area in summer, too. Beautiful flowers -- wild and in gardens. I'm really disheartened about all the dead evergreens we saw, though. I don't know if the death is from bugs, disease, drought or what. But there are A LOT of dead trees.
We stayed at the Grand Timber Lodge, which was really nice. There was a kids' area with a playground, fountain, and kid-friendly pools. This was the place the time-share folks were trying to sell us last year. This year, it was a different lodge, but the salesman knew we weren't interested in buying in Breckenridge and got pretty rude with us. At least we didn't have to sit there for two hours.





1 comment:
It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment