Thursday, September 18, 2008

Beautiful Day

A pregnant friend struck down by a stomach bug asked me to watch her son today. He's 2 1/2 (and he makes sure you say the 1/2 when saying his age!) and gets along great with Charis. So I took the kids to our local zoo.

We talked about how the alligator starts with "A", etc., so we were schooling :)

It was a GORGEOUS day!!! Mid-70s. Slight breeze, with a feeling of fall. Trees are starting to change. The smell of evergreens in the air. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous!


This shot actually is near our house. There is a patch of yellow flowers, mostly on commercial fenced land. But I tried to get this with the wood fence post.


Charis on the carousel -- heehaw! What a show-off!


Gotta love a zoo in the mountains!


The changing trees, blue sky, fluffy white clouds.


Wildflowers




Charis took good care of her friend today.
I love this pose (and it wasn't prompted) ... they were standing on a boulder and I had just told Charis to make sure she didn't push him off!
My friend and I joke that we're going to betroth them!

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Beautiful scenery!

Katy said...

I LOVE beautiful days...if I'm not working..=)

Rmomof3 said...

Looks like a fun time!
Sweet blessings!
Renee