Wednesday, June 04, 2008

One Year Ago ...



One year ago, Mark, Charis and I were in the middle of our first trip to Haiti. Until this point, God had not made it clear who He wanted for our family.

But on June 4, standing in the front yard of the orphanage, God spoke to my heart about Islande. He said, "No matter who else you want, Islande is yours."

This picture was taken about the time God gave this sweet girl to us.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Jodie-
I know it has been a long year, but hang in there. God is still at work!

Rose Anne said...

Jodie,
What a year it has been!!!
Your daughter knows you and will be home so very soon.....
My prayers are with all ofyou.
God Bless,
Rose Anne

Kathy Cassel said...

That's sweet. I hope you are out of ibesr really soon. I haven't seen my twins for almost a year and am finally going again in July.

Jodie said...

Kathy, I'm really glad you get to go again in July. I wish I could.