
One year ago on June 6, Katiana was brought to the orphanage to stay. She had been on the "waiting" list. The photo was taken by a friend that day. We were at the hotel that afternoon. Charis was running a fever, and we wanted to spend some time with Islande.
The next day, we were leaving Haiti. We had an hour at the orphanage to say good-bye and to meet Katiana. The poor little thing looked so scared. Her birth mom was there, too (we didn't realize that at the time). Katiana didn't want much to do with us at first (I don't blame her).
We committed to Katiana a couple weeks after our trip.

Jodie with Charis, Islande, Katiana (standing) and another baby brought into the orphanage that day.
Although Katsi has taken some time warming up to me on my two subsequent trips, she is such a happy girl who loves to smile and laugh. She's growing up so fast.

Katiana in March 2008.





2 comments:
Your Katiana is a beautiful little girl! That dress she has on in the first picture - I think the nannies had Josephine in that one of the days we were there this spring - it was big on her, but so pretty. They really love dressing them up for their adoptive parents!
The picture is actually for the IR3 visa. I had misunderstood Cate. (The pictures were on the list of things to bring for the I 6oo trip so I assumed...) Never the less, it is needed. But if you are going to readopt in the states it won't matter. We may just to change the names and have birth certificates.
Post a Comment