Sunday, June 01, 2008

Saying Good-bye to a Really Busy Month

May was an extremely busy month (I didn't realize how much until I wrote it all down!).
You saw the ear "pursing" Mother's Day weekend and we went to the zoo, but then that week I was deeply involved in putting together a comedy night fund-raiser for my Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group--which went much better than anticipated. The next week was our last MOPS meeting.

And we had three birthday parties we attended--




another at Pump It Up where they have rooms of inflatable slides, bounce houses and obstacle courses ...















and another at Aerials Gymnastics (yesterday) ...


(This was a really cool three-person swing that would go really high! Charis also played on trampolines, on an inflatable slide and swung across a foam pit on a zip line -- I didn't know how she'd do with that, but she LOVED it!)

Charis also finished this semester of gymnastics at the Little Gym. For the summer she's going to switch gears and try a class that's half dance (tap/ballet) and half gymnastics. We'll see how that goes.



We also had a ton of play dates at the park, at Mr. Biggs, at My Gym ... it's been a blast.
We spent Memorial Day weekend down in Albuquerque visiting Mark's family. It was a nice trip. It's great that we're able to go down more often now that Mark has his own business.
So, today we all spent all day at the church setting up for Vacation Bible School. This is Charis' first year to participate and I'm SO EXCITED! I'll be volunteering, too. It runs one week, but we offer two sessions, and I'll be working both. We're expecting more than 800 kids over the two weeks! Amazing! So stay tuned, because I'm sure I'll have pictures from that (even if it's of the two of us passed out on the floor!).

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow. YOu were busy! But it all looks like so much fun. Isn't it really hard thinking, "Oh, I wish the girls were home because they'd love this?" (In my case "the twins.")

Katy said...

Hopefully all that busyness helps you through the wait! =)