I'm finishing up my second week of volunteering with my church's Vacation Bible School. We're doing Group's Power Lab, and it's been a blast. They even brought in a chemistry professor to do some experiments -- including using a flame to explode a hydrogen-filled balloon. Another of my favorite experiments the professor did was to combine chemicals that caused an oscillating reaction -- the chemicals would change from gold to blue, gold to blue, etc.
Charis is in the preschool group, called the "Squeaky Beakers." She's been learning the songs and hand motions. It's so cute! She brought a neighbor girl this week. Unfortunately, they aren't in the same class.
I've been a crew leader with the elementary kids. I had 7 kids last week and 6 this week, ranging in age from 5 to 11. My junior crew leader and I take the kids to all of the stations throughout the day -- worship, crafts & missions, games, snack, Bible blast and Faith Fusion Finale.
A very athletic friend of mine volunteered with the worship team (although she's not in the above picture). They "perform" for the elementary kids three times a day, and probably two times with the "Squeaky Beakers" -- we're all together for the last one. She said she lost four pounds last week. Maybe I'll volunteer for the worship team next year!
Today the leaders gave the kids the opportunity to accept Christ. I had one girl go forward today and two last week.
We ministered to 955 kids; about 250 made first-time decisions for Christ.
We ministered to 955 kids; about 250 made first-time decisions for Christ.
VBS ROCKS!!!!
Update: Our babysitter, Amy (who Charis calls "Mamie"), just called to say that when the VBS team prayed with the preschoolers today, Charis prayed with Amy to ask Jesus into her heart!
Of course I'm elated to hear that, but also knowing my daughter, I don't think she really understands what she was doing. I tried to talk to her about it this evening and she was distracted by her stuffed animal, her teeth, whatever.
Have any of you experienced something like this?





4 comments:
Go VBS! Again, love your hair, Jodie!
I did the ponies again today and had to rip them out (again) as soon as I got home -- they make my scalp hurt! I know Islande and Katiana have tougher scalps than I have!
That looks like fun. We are going to miss VBS due to traveling that week : (
hey jodie--
nat prayed with Lynn Z last week-- for her, i know she understands it- she's talked about it for some time now-- it was very emotional:)
em
Post a Comment