Friday, June 27, 2008

Adoption Update

UPDATE: I heard Saturday night that IBESR is STILL requiring the "Certificate of Good Communal Living" from us. So I have to hurry and get it written, notarized, translated, OK'd at the Haitian consulate in Chicago, and down to Haiti. Grrrrrrrrr.

I don't have any new pictures to post yet. We're supposed to receive updates the middle of the month, but with the stormy weather in Haiti and teams that are there, there have been delays. But rest assured that I will post when I get them!

My social worker called last night with good news.

Before I get to that, I need to explain a situation that had been brewing for a couple weeks. I received a call a few weeks ago from my social worker that Haiti was requiring a "Certificate of Communal Living" from us -- basically wanting to know how long Mark and I had known each other. The reasoning was because we had not been married five years. They requested this letter from us back in January. It was sent and accepted by IBESR back then. Well, they were wanting it again, even though we hit our five-year anniversary in March.

For His Glory's director is currently in Haiti and had a meeting with the attorney that week, so we were hoping they could get things straightened out without us having to have an "authority" write said letter, having the letter translated, and then having to pay bucks to FedEx it to Port-au-Prince.

Fast forward to last night, social worker Natalie called and said IBESR is NOT requiring the certificate from us. Woohoo!!

Also, she said that our dossier is at the fourth and final signature stage in IBESR.

Please pray that we are released this month!!!! There are several families waiting, and we've been in about nine months (which seems to be the wait).

In addition, we are strongly being encouraged to travel to Haiti during set dates soon to sign our I-600 (to classify an orphan as an immediate relative) at the USCIS office in Port-au-Prince. We were told that we can sign it stateside, but it most likely will add five or more months to the process.

Prayer requests:

  • That we are released from IBESR so we go into Parquet (one wait to another)
  • That finances come through for the trip
  • There are no further delays
  • That we can bring the girls home by Christmas (of this year!!!! -- I know it's a longshot, but I can hope!)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Absolutely my prayers as well! Praying right along with you.

Kathy Cassel said...

I am just praying to be in MOI by Christmas. But I would love to see some adoption miracles.

Rose Anne said...

Lord bring these girls home to their family!!!!
Islande has been waiting way too long...
I am praying for all of you!
God Bless,
Rose Anne

Terry said...

I'm looking for long shots too! I praying to see you in Haiti on the next trip! Terry