Sunday, November 16, 2008

While I'm Waiting


Mark and I had a rare date Friday night. We went to the movies and saw "Fireproof." It's a great script, but it still had that "Christian movie" feel. But overall it was a good movie, definitely worth seeing.

During a portion of the movie, this song was playing in the background. It really struck me that I need to continue worshiping as I wait.

(Make sure to pause my player at the bottom of the page before playing the YouTube clip).




While I’m Waiting
Psalm 5:3, 27:14, 33:20, 37:7, 38:15, 40:1, Isaiah 30:18, Lamentations 3:24
John Waller


I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord


© 2007 Travelin’ Zoo Music (ASCAP) (admin. by EMI CMG Publishing)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thank you for sharing the song and lyrics Jodie. I really needed to hear that today. Still need to see the movie...

The Adventure said...

LOVED this movie!! Didn't really matter that it was low budget or not the best acting - you were just sucked in!! Thanks for sharing