Thursday, November 06, 2008

13 Months

Check away another month in IBESR.

I was told a month ago that the new director's assistant said they were "specifically" working on our dossier. I believe he "specifically" said that to "specifically" placate us for another month while they "specifically" do whatever.

Maybe I should "specifically" send them a cake!

13 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

I am so sorry that you did not receive news that you were out. I will continue to pray that your dossier be released.
Christina

Tracy said...

Email me: tbonoffski@hotmail.com and I'll send you the snapfish photos...I think I might have Catiana in a video? But, I might have Islande in some other photos.

13 months??? not all in IBESR I hope!

Mary said...

Oh Jodie... I am so sorry. Praying you are out very very soon!

Kathy Cassel said...

Did you get a specific notice that you are still ibesr or just a "as far as I know..." comment. Mine was "I don't have a specific update for you but as far as I know you are still in parquet" (for FIVE months)so I have a little hope that she might find out otherwise.

I hope we all get some great news very soon!! This is getting so long and the kids are growing up without getting the stimulation they need.

Jodie said...

Linda and Pierre (who was here for a month) called Kiki, who talked to his new contact at IBESR, since Mr. Auguste left with Mdme. Beaudin.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry you're still not out. Praying for you friend!

Kathy Cassel said...

Arg. This is so discouraging. I mean, how long do they need to decide you are a good family for this girls? They just have to see you together down there!!!

I feel like we are missing so much with these kids.

Sorry to be so down in this comment but if you look at my post today you'll understand. I'm sure you feel the same.

kayder1996 said...

Think Haiti cares that "Specifically" speaking...everyone thinks it's ridiculous. I'm sorry you're stuck, I can't imagine your frustration. I would hold off on the cake though. Any cake mailed from the US and forced to sit in a box in some way too hot, unairconditioned place in Haiti for days on end until it was delivered would probably be seen as a death threat rather than a gift!
Kayla

Anonymous said...

15 months for us...I know it's difficult, but keep your eyes on Christ.

Jodie said...

Oh, Nichole! I didn't realize you were that much further along than we were. We're praying for you.

Juli said...

Jodie,
I'm praying SPECIFICALLY for you dossier's release. ~juli

Katy said...

Still praying....I can't imagine how discouraged you are...I want thse kids to be home with you so much.

T and T Livesay said...

specifically the entire process sucks ... and the more i watch it the more i know it is god alone that delivers these children ... the people processing them are doing everything in their power to make it difficult --- so sorry for your long wait.