President Preval - Pardon for Biological Children: On Thursday, January 15, 2009, President Preval had a meeting with the new IBESR director regarding the issue of families who have biological children who want to adopt in Haiti. President Preval told the IBESR director that the families should be able to adopt in Haiti even if these families have biological children. Good News for many children in Haiti & for those families who want to adopt them!
I'm glad President Preval feels that way. Now, good sir, please sign out our paperwork so we can get out of IBESR. And please change the law to reflect your feelings. We want our children home. Our family is incomplete. We have been waiting so long, and I fear we have much more time to wait.
.........................................
As an aside, I am an avid reader. Except for last year. I started many books last year and finished not one of them. I read daily, but last year it was mainly limited to my Bible, the commentary I'm reading, or a daily devotional. However, I am determined to get back into my old habit (a resolution, if you will). Last night I finished "Let God Be God" by Ray C. Stedman. The subtitle is "Life-changing truths from the book of Job." EXCELLENT. Very thought-provoking, and I pray, life-changing.
Two excerpts from the last section I want to share with you:
"The God who created the universe has chosen us to be the ones to bear His name in the hour of affliction. There is no higher honor than that."
and
"All the painful experiences of our lives become ways of sharing the sufferings of Christ--if we view those experiences as a privilege and not as a reproach. When we learn to see life from God's perspective, we realize that (as songwriter Randy Stonehill put it) 'this life is just a moment in the morning of our day.' Suffering is temporary; life with God is forever."





3 comments:
The book looks good. A book I enjoyed that was written sort of on that same topic was Disappointment with God by Phillip Yancy. Last year, we had numerous things "go wrong" in our lives. My husband's mom died at age 52, our adoption came to a screeching halt-things were not going as planned. I knew God was still in control and I didn't doubt that He could and would use those circumstances for good, but it still left me trying to figure out God's character. The book had a lot in it on understanding life from God's perspective. Anyway, just thought I'd pass the title on. And yes, Mr. President, please help speed up the process! I can live without 6 month adoptions but 2 + years adoptions are not good.
I've read a lot of Yancy's material in the past. I'll have to check that one out.
Oh Thank you President Preval!!! I pray that this new policy would remain for all of us that are not yet in IBESR as well... and all that would like to start the process - please reflect this in the actual laws that are "on the books" so that it does not continue to be an issue. I pray that Mark and Jodie's file would exit IBESR now... and that they would speed through the next steps!
Post a Comment