I had three cakes to make in recent days, so I waited until I was finished with my "final" this morning:
Jan. 27, 2009: My final for my fondant/gumpaste class. The cake board is covered in fondant, and then imprinted with the hearts&flowers mat. The cake, which is two 8-inch rounds of devil's food and iced with mint icing, is covered in fondant. The flowers are gumpaste. The box, band, and beads are a fondant/gumpaste blend. I tried making my own fondant, but realized when I went to work with it, that it was too dry. I was at the wire, so I had to mix it with store-bought (nasty stuff), which is a shame, because 1) my fondant, flavored with mint, actually tasted good! and 2) store-bought fondant is expensive and tastes like a stale marshmallow run over by a steamroller.
Jan. 24: Camp Rock cake for a 7-year-old girl's birthday. The Camp Rock logo was a frozen buttercream transfer. Chocolate cake (1/4 sheet) with chocolatte buttercream).
Jan. 23, 2009: A lemon-flavored yellow cake (2 8-in. rounds) with lemon flavored buttercream I made for our inaugural Haitian adoption support group meeting.





6 comments:
yum!! the lemon butter cream.mmmmm your cakes always impress me!
Wow! Those cakes are gorgeous! Good job!
Yum! I wish you lived in town.. =)
I think the pink one with daisies is the prettiest cake so far. And, I'm with Katy!
Amazing. That top one looks like it should be for a bridal shower.
Beautiful! I love the pink one too. Jodie, you are doing an amazing job.
By the way, can I go off on a tangent for a moment (and hopefully not offend anyone)? "Camp Rock" had to be one of the most painful Disney Channel original movies I've seen and I normally like them. And yes, I sat through the entire thing. Let's just say it was no "High School Musical." OK, I feel better ... needed to get that out. :)
Post a Comment