
Islande - 49″ 54lbs
Katiana - 35.25″ 26lbs
Katiana is 5 months younger than Charis. She is probably 5 inches shorter and 10 pounds lighter.
Vera at A Child's Voice International Advocacy in Haiti updated her blog with this:
The new IBESR director is signing out dossiers, but if the adoptive family has any biological children (even if it is just one child), the dossier is sent for presidential dispensation. (This is the wording for the presidential pardon if somebody has bio children.) However, the person who deals with the presidential waivers is not available until next Tuesday (January 13th). Thus, I am keeping my fingers crossed for all the families waiting who have bio kids. I was told that there is not going to be any problem in obtaining the waivers.
Now, what's really funny (no, not really) about all this is that we obtained presidential dispensation way back in May 2007.





5 comments:
If you have dispensation, I don't understand what the hold up is. Have you called? Arg!!!! It is very discouraging to check the updates every month only to find out your file is still sitting on the same desk. Hmmm. Kind of like dealing with infertility??? I remember that same feeling when we couldn't get pregnant again after a miscarriage!! I am so hoping this is your month. And then off to parquet.
Cute picture. My twins don't seem to have the size issues. They are built like tanks : )
Cute picture!
Christina
Thanks for the update. I hope we all get out soon!! I didn't know about the 1/13 date. I hope they get the ball rolling once that person returns...your girls are so cute.
They are so beautiful!!
Just playing blog catch up...thanks for the IBESR news, (but ugh...no fair about your dispensation...get that file OUT already!)and I love that Christmas photo!
Post a Comment