Tomorrow is the last MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting for the semester. I was asked to make a cake for the occasion. It's frosted in buttercream. I patted the top layer with sprinkling sugar. The snowflakes and MOPS are made of royal icing. I then brushed them with lemon extract and white luster dust for sparkle. The snowflakes are so fragile, that I broke most of them trying to put on the sparkle. I hope they all make it to the meeting.
I hope we even have a meeting. We cancel if a certain school district cancels or delays due to weather (because we'd have too many children attending with their moms). And a storm is supposed to come in. Well, if we are canceled, I'll donate the cake to the church staff. They'll get the remainder of it anyway.





6 comments:
Wow!
(I gained 5 lbs just reading your post!) : )
This is beautiful! I hope you get the chance to show it off, and enjoy your last MOPS today. We're getting snow today too - Jock and I are car-pooling and it's slow-going.
Beautiful job, Jodie! And it looks like the weather held!
oh, how I wish you lived near me!
Amazing!!
Ohh, I like that one!! (sorry, with such a busy December I am behind on my reading!)
Post a Comment