Maybe I should sing that for next Christmas.
Still in IBESR. No surprise. We're now entering 14 months of what should have been 4 to 7 months.
I pray we're out by the end of the year (and others stuck with us).
I pray that families that aren't in IBESR yet are in by the end of the year.
Even once we're out of IBESR, the wait will continue. I modified this from Lisa's blog:
The next step, Parquet, could take 2 to 12 months (some friends got out in 2, others have been waiting half a year). Then there's 3 to 6 months for Judgement/2nd Legal/Archives. Apparently there is a new step of verifying archive signatures, too. Then Ministry of the Interior (MOI), which could be 3 to 6 months. After MOI, they'll print the passports, which can take a week to a month or two, depending on whether their printer is working and they have a supply of paper. Once passports are printed, our completed dossier is sent back to U.S. Immigration where they'll approve the I-600s (which we signed back in July), schedule the Visa appointments, and then issue the Visas -- I think all of this can take about a month (or so).
You do the math.
Also, Katiana will be turning 4 tomorrow. Yes, 4!!! I have two 4-year-olds. Happy Birthday, my sweet Katsi!! I pray this is the last birthday you spend without us.
Back-to-School Anxiety and Mental Health
4 days ago





9 comments:
Happy birthday!
Check my blog. You might win one of the books!
Well, I will pass on a quote from C. Spurgeon that has both humbled me and reminded me of the precious truth of both, the sovereignty, and mysterious purposes of our God: "Remember this: had any other condition been better for you than the one in which you are, divine love would have put you there."
Happy 4th birthday to your your precious girl!
Praying for good news for all this Christmas!
Thanks Nichole for sharing that quote.
hey jodie-- i didn't know my luke and your little one are almost the exact age-- luke turns 4 on monday!!!
my prayers are with you girl-- i pray for paper, a working printer and someone with some common sense and a good heart over there who can read and stamp fast!
Oh Jodie, I am so sorry about all this. Holding your hand across the miles.
Happy 4th birthday to your precious girl...praying mightily that she and her big sister will be home with their family LONG before she blows out her candles on this day next year.
Happy 4th Birthday Katiana! Just with things were moving forward for you Jodie!
Happy Birthday Katiana! Can't wait to celebrate with you next year! (prayerfully!!!)... Tana
Wishing I had some words that would make it seem better,
Kayla
Post a Comment