Zoe Katiana and Esther Islande painting and stamping.
Charis stamping.
Esther Islande and her "Joe Cool" sunglasses.
Esther Islande and Zoë Katiana help Charis paint noodles for her "100 Day" party at school. Charis had Zoë help her string her noodles, which was good color practice (English and Creole) for Zoë.
Some sister silly time.
I finally took out the box twists Esther Islande arrived with. It took me more than two hours -- the hard part was taking out all the little braids that started the twists. I used a toothpick, but it still took forever.
Zoë's hair didn't take nearly as long to release.
This was the first thing I did with Zoë's hair — I just pulled it back into barrettes. The next day I twisted the hair with a part in the middle.
More princess pictures — Grandma Eyberg had made a princess dress for Charis recently, then sent one to fit Esther Islande. She sent a leotard and tutu for Zoë Katiana.
Charis had no school Feb. 12, so we met some friends at McDonald's to play.

French braid with loose back on Zoë Katiana.

French braid with loose back on Esther Islande.

The kids sharing friendship — and a 50 pack of nuggets. A few kids were on the other side of the table and not in this picture.

The kids sharing friendship — and a 50 pack of nuggets. A few kids were on the other side of the table and not in this picture.
Esther Islande and her friend W.
I didn't get any pictures from Valentine's Day weekend. We went to church Saturday evening (our church started a 4:30 service, so we thought the earlier might be less of a stresser), but after worship, Zoë Katiana had to use the restroom, and she, Esther and I just stayed out in the lobby area the rest of the service (Mark stayed in service, Charis was in class). We saw three other adoptive families that night.
Sunday morning, Mark treated us to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. We got there fairly early (for a Sunday) and didn't have to wait long. The girls did fairly well. That evening we joined another set of friends (one of the girls is in Charis' class) at their house for dinner. The girls have been at their house before and had a blast. I, of course, forgot my camera and my phone. Bummer.
The next day, Esther wanted me to do her hair.

I didn't get any pictures from Valentine's Day weekend. We went to church Saturday evening (our church started a 4:30 service, so we thought the earlier might be less of a stresser), but after worship, Zoë Katiana had to use the restroom, and she, Esther and I just stayed out in the lobby area the rest of the service (Mark stayed in service, Charis was in class). We saw three other adoptive families that night.
Sunday morning, Mark treated us to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. We got there fairly early (for a Sunday) and didn't have to wait long. The girls did fairly well. That evening we joined another set of friends (one of the girls is in Charis' class) at their house for dinner. The girls have been at their house before and had a blast. I, of course, forgot my camera and my phone. Bummer.
The next day, Esther wanted me to do her hair.
Esther Islande wanted hair like W's, so I did box braids and beads the other night. It took me more than five hours (it didn't help I had sliced the tip of my index finger the night before, making it very painful, especially with the product). I didn't finish that night, and the poor girl had to go out with me to take Charis to school with two puffs on the top of her head.

I braided the front, and incorporated the braids into the second row, then beaded those. A friend had brought two bags of beads for crafting when she brought us dinner the other night. I'd rather craft with them then put them in hair again!
I braided the front, and incorporated the braids into the second row, then beaded those. A friend had brought two bags of beads for crafting when she brought us dinner the other night. I'd rather craft with them then put them in hair again!





4 comments:
Lovin' the pics!
Jodie, great job on the girls' hair. You'll be a pro before you know it. :)
5 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dang! missed you last week at the 4:30-- that's when we go now too-- hope to see you this sat!
Love all the pictures. It looks like you guys are doing great.
Post a Comment