Saturday, May 30, 2009

Whimsical and New Baby Cakes


I recently did a cake for our adoption social worker's new baby. I took the image from an outfit we purchased for the boy. My hubby asked me if the worm was supposed to be something else. Hmmmmm. I may not use that design again.


Moving on ....


Today was the birthday party for which I had been practicing the "topsy-turvy" cakes. I had frustrating issues with my fondant (I SERIOUSLY need to figure out what I'm doing wrong) and went the buttercream route instead with fondant accents, which was fine with the birthday girl's mom. She had an "Alice in Wonderland" garden party and I tried to match the decor colors.






Charis wore the darling Chinese dress my MIL made her. I had her hair up like "Kai-lan," but she wanted it out as soon as we arrived at the party.

The birthday girl and her sister have silk parasols, one of which matched Charis' dress, so we had a little photo shoot.










1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow Girl! You've got talent!