May 1, 2009: I made this for military friends being transferred. We had a BBQ at our Haitian Adoption Support Group meeting for them. It's buttercream with royal icing flowers that I had made earlier.

May 6, 2009: My second attempt at topsy-turvy cake. I made this for our last MOPS meeting of the season. It was my first attempt at marshmallow fondant (MMF). My friend Charity, who also was my Wilton instructor for most classes, was briefly at the meeting to drop off a donation, so I sought her advice about the craters in the fondant. She said I needed to knead it more. I spent time at her house yesterday working on technique and learning to make an INCREDIBLE buttercream.
I was supposed to make a topsy-turvy for a friend's birthday party tomorrow, but the entire family is sick, so the party has been postponed. But don't worry, this upcoming week will be filled with more cakes, so stay tuned.





3 comments:
That's a fun looking cake.
ok-- i REALLY want a fondant cake for nat-- i like the topsy turvy-- but i've heard fondant doesn't taste good-- is that true????
The Wilton pre-made fondant doesn't taste good, but they won't change the recipe, because it's really elastic and easier to work with, especially when you're learning. It can be flavored, but still tasted processed. Homemade fondant is much better. Charis and Mark were eating the marshmallow fondant without flavoring and they wouldn't touch the other stuff.
Post a Comment