This is a group shot of our Cubbies (I had a better picture, but accidentally deleted it from my camera). Apparently this is the first year our AWANA program has split the award ceremonies, with Sparks, Trek, etc. on the next day. I think our AWANA program is the biggest in the state. It's massive and uses EVERY area in our church (except the pastors' offices).
Charis (middle) getting her award. Each class had a number of leaders with only a few kids with each leader.
Charis with the flags.
A video of the year was shown. Charis is on the screen reciting a Bible verse. She was so excited to see herself up there!
Charis with Cubby. This is a BIG deal. Most of the year, she ran away from Cubby. I heard from Steve that when Cubby first came into her classroom, she ran to Steve, latched onto him and said, "I'm with you!"





5 comments:
We did Cubbies 14-15 years ago. We never got to meet the bear though!
nope- they always split cubbies ceremony from the rest-- and believe me- thank God they do- the main ceremony goes for about 3 hours!!!!
Looks like she had a wonderful time.
Christina
Sweet photos! I'm glad she made friends with the bear...that's funny!
Um, I would have run away from Cubby too! :)
Post a Comment