Monday, May 05, 2008

Adoption Update

I received news today that the girls' files are OUT of dispensation (pardon from Haitian president for having biological children), but unfortunately we're still in IBESR. This week we'll begin our eighth month there. We were originally given the timeline of four to seven months, then five to eight when dispensation was added again. Hopefully I can soon post that we're on to the next step.

I was given this verse:

"But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

I'm really praying we'll have the girls home before Christmas. Please join me in that prayer. I'm getting really discouraged with how long it's taking.

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Am praying!

Katy said...

Congratulations!! That is a HUGE deal!! I'm with you on the frustration of the wait. I know it is discouraging, but I'm praying!! The movement lately has been encouraging, praying for the floodgates to open, and for your girls to be home by Christmas..

Rmomof3 said...

What a Christmas that would be! We will be praying Jodie!
Have a blessed day!
Renee

Kathy Cassel said...

I wish! But I'm not that optimistic. All the steps are taking so long. Parquet, MOI and Visas are still ahead : ( But right now I would rejoice to be out of ibesr too!!!!!