Zoë had a hard time with the Little Tike Inline Trainers. Charis does better with these. But Zoë can skate nearly solo with the 4-wheel kind she slips over her shoes.
Esther is doing really well on her skates. They are the adjustable-size kind, and she's at the end of them, but hey, for $3, they'll last her the summer!
Charis was rolling along on a pair of traditional skates a friend gave us.
Tuesday after Mark got home from work he worked with Zoë on riding Charis' two-wheeler. She's doing great without training wheels, except she doesn't know how to stop. And I've noticed her cranking the handlebars to the side when she wants to stop.
Well, apparently she did this when Mark was right behind her, and they both flipped over the bike. Mark banged up his wrist pretty badly, and Zoë jammed her thumb. It wasn't until the next day that we noticed she scratched up her face pretty good, too.
Maybe we'll put the training wheels on until she figures out how to stop!
************************
I love our Colorado sky.
And how much growth my dwarf blue spruce has had already this year!
And I've never seen bumble bees here until this year.
**********************
This week, the girls took part in Vacation Bible School at the church we're now attending. They had a great time at the Saddle Ridge Ranch!
Thursday was "hat day" at VBS, but I made them wear their western hats again so I could get a picture with my good camera (I did get a picture of them on "western day" with my phone).
Friday was "crazy hair day" at VBS. Since I don't have time this weekend to wash out coloring and redo hair (Charis' birthday party is Saturday), we put curled pipe cleaners and put them in the girls' hair.
Friday night was the parents' performance for VBS. Each grade sang a song (or two) that they all learned during the week.
I'm so proud of Zoë! She got up on stage with all the other kindergarteners and performed two songs (after running back and forth on the stage to find a place to stand). And she is NOT the smallest one up there! :)
Zoë (far left) is turned around watching herself on the big screen!
Charis and her friend, Mary, who also had the same K teacher at school (but in the afternoon class).
Charis' class did their number in the aisles since there were too many kids to put on the stage (combined first- and second-grader number).

Then it was Esther's turn with the other third-graders.
Then it was Esther's turn with the other third-graders.
Esther did really well with her song and choreography. All the girls really enjoyed VBS and are making more friends at our new church.





2 comments:
I need to get the twins out on skates. We don't have sidewalks or a good place though. The school gave out coupons to the local rink but I'm not sure I'm that brave with them. Taking them out in public can be "interesting" at times depending on their moods!
I bought discount cards for our roller rink, too. But I'm not sure how Zoe would do. The rink has a "pixie skate" that she and Charis can do, but Esther wouldn't be allowed out there.
Post a Comment