Wednesday, June 02, 2010

And Now for Something Completely Different ...


Esther got her hair cut today. Her very first one. Ever.



She needed it. Her ends were dead and very uneven -- very evident when I braided it. So she lost a good 1 1/2 inches off the length (which will make it interesting when it coils up tight against her head again).


The stylist said the best way to get an even cut is to flat iron it first. She also said the straightened look could last a few weeks if she stays away from water/steam. Yeah. Good luck with that.

It took Stylist Leena 90 minutes to flat iron Esther's hair. She said that if she had her own equipment with her, it wouldn't have taken as long. So next time, we'll give Leena a call when before we come in so she can have her own flat iron.


The cut itself didn't take long at all, and what a difference it made in the look of her hair.



Zoë played stylist with Charis, who had her hair trimmed earlier in the day. We didn't do Zoë's hair today, since I didn't know how long it would take for Esther (two hours).



The trimmed, flattened back.


I put a little curl on the ends when we got home.
Zoë said Esther looks like me now! Heeheeheee
What a difference a different style can make ...

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Hey you went to Leena! Isn't she nice? How long did it take? I need to book this week. Was it the kids cost minus the coupon or more with the flat iron?

SV

Julie said...

Absolutely love it, but she looks so much older!!! Wow!

Jodie said...

Sherri, it was more with the flat iron (about double); took two hours. Give her a heads up about when you are coming so she can bring her own tools -- will take half as long she says.

Julie, she does look older. I'm not sure I like *that*!