After we picked up Charis from school, we went to lunch/play with friends. We then went home to nap (moods dictated that, plus I knew we'd be up late). We met Daddy at Red Robin after he got off work.
I wasn't quite ready with my camera when the waitstaff started singing, and I'm not really sure Esther knew what to think of it. But they brought her ice cream, so it couldn't be bad, right?
Sharing with her sisters.
After dinner, we went over to the mall to have the girls' ears pierced (they've been asking for it ever since they arrived home). Both girls had had their ears pierced (probably at birth), but the holes were uneven and closed up.
Esther was to go first, so Mark had to walk Zoë around the store to keep her "in the dark" about the process.
Speaking of "in the dark," check out these shades!
As I had mentioned earlier, Esther had previous uneven piercings. In fact, the previous hole in one of her ears is so high, it looks like a piercing for a second earring now.
Time for Esther and Charis to flash the shades!
Zoë and her new piercings. She didn't flinch either. You have to wonder how much these girls have gone through that this was no big deal to them.
We told Zoë this was her belated birthday gift (her birthday was in December).
(After much discussion in English and Creole about the importance of her not playing with or removing her earrings, she took one of them out the next day. It was several hours later, but I found the earring (not the back), and it took several attempts to get it back in. Hopefully she'll obey now.)
When we got home, Esther opened her presents from Mark's family. Auntie Kim got Esther a bear from Build-A-Bear, with a voice box in it. Esther had taken over Charis' bear, so I know this will be a much-loved gift.
Esther holds up the fleece blanket made by Grandma Eyberg. Esther had picked out the fabric a few weeks ago. (Yeah! Now Mommy gets her blanket back!) Grandma and Grandpa Eyberg also gave Esther money toward her ear piercing.
On Saturday, we planned a get-together with the other families at our church who adopted Haitian children. It would be the first time in seven weeks that Esther and Zoe have seen some of their friends. We also used this opportunity to have a birthday party for Esther. We were missing some families, but we still had a great turnout, and talked about getting together like this on a regular basis.





4 comments:
We love all your sweet girls and you all too. :-)
SV
Thanks for including us on the special fun. We love being with you.
Beautiful cake! I'm jealous of all you guys out there together!!!! I wish someone were near us so the kids could keep some friends.
We love build a bear too and plan to take the twins later to each choose one but not yet because they will have no clue what the crazy lady is saying when she tells them to do all the stuff they do.
Happy 10th Birthday Esther!!!
I have been Praying that you would be home for this Birthday with your family!
God Bless,
Rose Anne
What a blessing to see a photo of V today. I love her so much.
Post a Comment