After the story, each child was allowed to pick a treat from the Treasure Chest.
Then then children decorated a paper mitten with glue and glitter. The janitor is going to have fun tonight!
Then, after class, Charis and I went to get lunch for her, then came back to school for her to have "Lunch with the Principal" for being a Star Student for the month of December. Below, she is standing next to her bio on the Wall of Fame in the school lobby.
Well, this was Charis' first experience in the lunchroom (wow, what a noise, and it was only K-1st kids). There was a certain table set aside, decorated with colorful tablecloths, and festive decorations. Each child was given a certificate with a coupon for a free meal at Texas Roadhouse, pencil, candy and a cupcake. At the end of lunch, the PTO president announced every Star Student's name and grade.
But no sign of the principal. The VP made a brief appearance as Charis and I were leaving. He gave Charis a pat on the head, which made her day. But then we saw the VPs dogs in the office, and that REALLY made her day.
I'm so proud of my girl!





1 comment:
Wow. What an honor!
Yep, I remember Rerun. I don't think he's in the movies.
Post a Comment