Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Captain Luke (arrrggghhhh)

The latest cake I've made for Emily and her family:


For her son, Luke, who recently turned 5, and who loves pirates.

Here are some of the cakes I have made for her kids this year:







And I expect I'll be making one for Noah when he arrives home from China, as well!

Speaking of China, Emily heads a foundation to help orphans in Henan Province. Emily wrote on her blog: Henan Kids International's purpose is to raise money and awareness for the orphans in Henan. The money raised goes for a variety of purposes: buying formula, training foster families, buying rocking chairs so that babies can be rocked, paying for surgeries for cleft lip and heart babies, buying winter clothes.

Please visit their site and see how you can help!

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

These are all adorable. My daughter would love the magic tree house cake.

Emily said...

thank you so much jodie -- both for the cakes and the shout out to HKI!!!! Jim LOVED the taste of this cake the best-- and the boys all wanted different parts-- luke the island, another boy the compass,etc!!!! Love your cakes!!!!

and i think for noah we'll have a noah's ark!!!!!!!!!!