Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Goat Milk, Giraffe Skulls, Snakes and Water

We've had a fun week so far.

Friday night we attended an Adoption Support Group BBQ at a friend's house. They have goats and Charis milked the goat. Unfortunately the guy who took the pictures is in Haiti right now so I don't have the photos. But we learned how to pasteurize the milk and partook in a cold glass. Not bad. I think I could sneak it in ... :)

Last night we went to the local zoo for the member appreciation night and met up with friends who went, too. On the way there, Charis said she was going to feed the giraffes, which surprised me. So I said that if I bought the crackers, she had to feed them to the giraffes. She said she didn't think she was that brave.

But she was brave enough to get her face painted ....

And she didn't get close to the giraffes, but she did handle a model of a skull ...
And tame the wild carousel ...

Plus, my daughter who screams at the sight of a gnat ...

touched a baby hognose snake ...

and a Sinoloan milk snake.

Then she and her friend Olivia had to be peacocks.
Today we joined some MOPS friends at an area park that has a really cool fountain for some water fun. Thank goodness it was actually warm today! I think this was the first day that has been over 80!
The Julie Penrose Fountain. It spins.

Charis enjoying the water. I'm so glad she got in, because I don't think she got wet at all last year!

Some of the group today.

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I love the picture of Olivia and Charis being peacocks. Too cute!

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow. Lots of fun. I think we are having the most boring summer ever. It would have been a good summer to have the twins home because we don't have any major trips and are just at home maintaining a pretty regular schedule.

Katy said...

Lots of braveness!! Cute cute...

Bill and Christina said...

Looks like a ton of fun!

Christina