I held a yard sale this weekend to raise money for my trip, and hopefully, other adoption expenses. I'd say 90% of what was in my yard (and the neighbors' yards) were donated.
The sale was only supposed to be Fri.-Sat., 7:30-noon. But on Friday, we had a steady stream of folks until 2. Saturday was hit-and-miss, but we didn't shut down until evening. There was so much stuff left, we decided to open again Sunday, which was worthwhile. I think I was running on adrenaline and caffeine. Time to crash.
We still have a lot left (but I think we sold more than half). I boxed up a bunch to sell later (October?) and have put other items on Craigslist (LOVE that site!). The rest I donated to a friend who also is adopting from Haiti. Her sale is in a couple of weeks.
But, what it boils down to is I know I raised enough to cover my unexpected trip. Whew!
Thank you to everyone for your purchases!
THANK YOU so much to everyone who donated!
A very special thank you to Wendy, Rebecca, Sarah, Alison, Naomi, Olivia, Laura, Phil, Keith, Kevin, Mike and Mark for your help sorting and moving stuff!
And thank you to Jake for being the ultimate babysitter -- you rock, dude!





5 comments:
Praise God! I am so excited for you!
YEAH!!!! That is TERRIFIC! Have a great time with your girls!
That's awesome Jodie! When do you leave on your trip??
Hooray!!!
It looks like it turned out great!
Wow!
Sweet blessings!
Renee
Post a Comment