Monday, July 14, 2008

Mommy Guilt and the Zoo

The yard sale took up a full five days of my life -- and away from spending time with Charis. So I decided that today we'd go to the zoo. It's about a 20-30 minute drive from our house, and as we got to the base of the mountain, drops of rain started to fall onto my windshield. I told Charis that I thought we left her umbrella at home. She said, "It's OK, Mommy. It's only a little rain."

But by the time we got to the zoo, it was raining hard, and people were running from the zoo to their cars (maybe they actually were running from the African lion I'm now hearing is loose out here).

I remembered that I had a poncho for Charis in her back pack and discovered I still had a little disposable one for me. So after it let up a bit, we donned our plastic tarps and headed into the zoo.


Charis is dropping "coins" into a slot to choose
a conservation effort. The coin would go down
a track and make the CDs spin.


It continued to rain for a few more minutes as we entered the zoo, but then tapered off. It sprinkled on and off, but we had a fun time.


Charis LOVES the carousel


All the better to see you, my dear.

5 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

Fun!
Christina

Anonymous said...

What a doll:-)

Katy said...

Way to not let the rain dampen your spirits! Congrats on your garage sale earnings- what a lot of work but SO awesome that you earned enough money. =)

Kathy Cassel said...

I'm glad the rain stopped for you. Some people don't mind doing stuff like that in the rain but I'd rather not!

Rmomof3 said...

Precious! It lloks like it was a great sale!
Blessings as you travel to Haiti!
Renee