She looks so big.
Charis and her friend JJ, who is now in 1st grade.
Charis in her classroom as kids and parents come in. She is in half-day kindergarten.
Charis and mommy in her brand new classroom at her brand new school. As friend Cory would say, "Isn't it nice to be somewhere without someone else's science all over it?"
I was fine until the teacher started reading "The Kissing Hand." Then I lost it (along with other moms -- I'm glad I wasn't the only one).
Charis had a good day. She didn't want to talk about it when I first picked her up (she didn't even want to go to Chick-fil-A for lunch). I think she was really tired, but not tired enough to take a nap.
She wasn't so enthusiastic about school this morning. But we aren't morning people. It's going to take us a while to get used to this.





5 comments:
Praying as she transitions...that is a big change. My nephew is also starting Kindergarten and he is so nervous that "there will be mean friends that don't like me." Poor baby, I just want to protect him from everything. It looks like Charis is going to love it though.
She hasn't wanted to talk about the first couple days, which isn't like her. But there's so much to process.
The kissing hand is such a sweet book-- can't believe she's in K!!!!!!!!!!!
em
Oh, that book is a tear jerker!! She looks like quite a big girl Zack starts K on Thursday!
Our kids are growing too quickly. Make them stop.
Post a Comment