Friday, February 20, 2009

Wall-E Cake




This is a Wall-E cake for birthday party for two boys. This was a big cake. Two quarter-sheets, stacked. One side is yellow cake, the other chocolate. The icing started from regular buttercream since the mom doesn't like chocolate (go figure). I darkened it, then sprayed it with black and blue Color Mist. Wall-E and Eve are Frozen Buttercream Transfer, overpiped.

(Wow, I did a really bad job on the border. What happened there? I also had an issue with centering the transfer. The phone rang as I flipped it over -- made me jump -- and I couldn't move the transfer).

7 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

You may see the flaws but the rest of us who would have no hope of doing something like that are impressed!

Emily said...

looks good to me!!! i might need you to make a cake for jim's b-day party in april-- he turns 50-- need something funny!

Jodie said...

Let's start scheming, Em!

The Adventure said...

Can you come here in April to make Seth's cake - he would LOVE a Wall-e cake!!

Bill and Christina said...

Looks great to me! How are ya doing?
Christina

Emily said...

ok- totally off topic--
we brought home all of the bookmarks from church today- i told natalie to pick out a couple of kids that she would like to pray for-- she chose your two girls (absolutley no prompting-- i was busy) and rose's 2 girls-- those she wanted b/c she know rose. but she prayed hard at dinner!

em

Jodie said...

THANKS!!!!!!