On Sunday, Charis and I joined friends Olivia and her mom Ashleigh for the Imagination Celebration's performance of "The Velveteen Rabbit." This was Charis' second theater performance (her first was the Nemo musical at Walt Disney World in December). I later found out that several friends had been at that performance or the earlier one! It was pretty cute, but they had some really freaky masks for the boy and the fairy. I'm glad they didn't scare Charis or Olivia (but Ashleigh and I were pretty weirded out!). The group's next performance is "If You Give a Pig a Party." Might have to see that one, too.
On Monday, I took Charis to her Little Gym class (we went early since we're leaving for California on Friday). It was "Midway Matinee" -- halfway through the semester and parents were allowed in the gym to watch, cheer on and take photos.
Charis on the balance beam--she turns on it, dips her feet into the "ice cream," kicks her feet into the air to "throw the ice cream up into her mouth," and lifts her leg back like a butterfly (she's not too sure about that one yet).
Doing a basket hang -- I wish I had those stomach muscles!
Jumping into the "pool" -- enforcing the importance of landing on both feet!

In the middle of a pullover -- it was the first time she hung on throughout the whole thing. It's a big risk for little kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment