This is the first official confirmation we've received about the girls' birth moms.

Esther's birth mom, Thelucia, is the petite lady holding the black and red backpack. Several weeks ago, Esther had told me her Haitian mom, father and sister Gisna (spelling left open to interpretation), had visited the O after the quake.

Francienne, Zoë's birth mom (or birthday mom, as Zoë recently called her) is the petite lady in the melon-colored shirt to the left. Earlier conversations with Zoë indicated she did not see her Haitian mom after the earthquake. But I took that with a grain of salt, knowing her sense of time, like Charis', isn't accurate.
We recently sent off updates and notes from the girls to each of their Haitian moms. The girls rarely talk about anything from Haiti unless prompted, and even then, information is sparse.
Esther did tell me the other day that she does remember a bit of her life before the orphanage, but not much. She had just turned 5 when she was inducted. Zoë was 2 1/2 when she arrived, so I know she probably has no memory of life B.O. (before orphanage).
We're rejoicing the girls' Haitian mothers are alive and have made it to the orphanage!





4 comments:
This is wonderful news! I'm sure it gives them a bit of peace of mind to know that they survived the tragic disaster, and nice to see them in the photos too.
That is sweetness, for your girls to see their faces. I hope we can give our kids that information rather than this big question mark of not knowing. Mine are too little to care now but I think they may really want to know later on.
So happy to hear they survived!! What wonderful news. Avery's name was not on the list, and I don't know her parents names :(
Praise God!!!
Post a Comment