Thursday, April 15, 2010

Meet the Grandparents, the Sequel



My parents left today for their return drive to Southern California (they were here from Sunday afternoon until this morning). I'm sad to see them go. Their visit was much too short, and my dad has to get back for his job. But I'm really glad they made the effort to meet the girls.

Esther and Zoƫ warmed up to Grandma and Grandpa Green quickly, just as they had with Grandma and Grandpa Eyberg, which was fabulous to see. They've seen pictures and talked on the phone often, so I'm sure that helped.

Because the Charis and Esther are in school, we didn't do much other than eat out and shop (we have fun stores here that my folks don't have, like Hobby Lobby and Mardel). My parents also got us a badly needed chest freezer (a small one), so I can do more bulk buying and make-ahead meals. Hallelujah!

Unfortunately, my parents got a good taste of the daily struggle* I have, especially with one of the children. At least they now know how to better pray for us :)

* I haven't written much about what our daily life has been. I know it's not as bad as it could be, but it's not something I've chosen to share yet with many people.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Jodie,
I can not imagine the changes and struggles your family had gone through in the last few months. I pray for you a lot, and hope everything comes together soon.

Kathy Cassel said...

Hang in there! Mine seem to be doing well but that can always change as they get older. I have two teen ones that somedays I don't think will ever change, but I know God can changes hearts--they just have to let him. (And we are now back in counseling!)

Sean's Ladies said...

sorry the days have been rough. just remember you're not alone.

hang in there.