I received a call this morning that a family friend is in the arms of Jesus.
Larry was only 65.
He was a husband, father, friend, a Christian, and veteran, and had been friends with my family as long as I can remember. Their daughter is a year older than I am, and their son is about my sister's age.
He was good friends with my dad. There was a group of four couples who my sister termed "The Crazy 8." The rest of the Crazy 8 gathered at my parents house today (since my dad is still recuperating from his surgery). My sister and I consider all these people adopted aunts and uncles.
Larry and his wife, Jan, had been on vacation in Washington. Jan came out of the bathroom to find Larry on the floor. Larry was taken by paramedic to the hospital, where the doctor told Jan that they lost him. Apparently the doctor said they could have saved him, except the brain damage would have been so severe that he'd be vegetative. The children flew up to Washington to help with arrangements and to drive home the car.
Larry's skin and organs were immediately donated.
It serves as a reminder that we don't know how long each of us has. Be intentional with how you live.
Please keep this family in your prayers. Please pray for God's peace and provision. Please
Back-to-School Anxiety and Mental Health
4 days ago





3 comments:
Jodie,
I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray that the Lord comforts you all. Please know that you all are in my thoughts and my prayers. I wish I were there to give you a big hug!
Christina
Thanks so much for your post Jodie, truly a good reminder! You will be in our prayers.
Awwwww, Jodie...I am so sorry. You are in my prayers.
((((Hugs)))
Post a Comment