Today is the 40th birthday of my sweet friend Sonja. Her husband Mike wanted me to make a cake for her -- grays and blacks and drab, with the words "Oh no, the big four-oh!" But I had to throw in some roses, so, of course, they're black. The lettering, leaves and trim are in gray with a hint of green.
*
And, of course, they put 40 big black candles on the cake -- complete with fire extinguisher nearby!
*
The cake is lemon poppyseed with raspberry filling, which was Sonja's request. It is two 9x13 layers stacked.
*
This was my first cake since the girls have been home. Esther is very interested in what I was doing, so I'll get her involved when I'm not making a cake for someone else.
*
(As a side note, Esther saw the "40" and said, "Oh, that's old." "Really?" I asked. "Is Mommy old?" "No," she said. So I told her that I'll be 40 at the end of this year. She laughed, ran outside, and yelled. "Yeah, that's old!" Turkey.)





1 comment:
Nice job, Jodie! And 40 is so NOT old. Seriously.
Post a Comment