There were a number of issues that happened as we were leaving and on the way to the event, and we were late. We missed the story. Missed the hot cocoa. Missed the coloring. But the good news was that the store was going to do another storytime later that afternoon.
Daddy met us at Borders, and while they were looking at books, I stood in line for my free $10 gift card during a promotion the mall was doing.
We also got our free candied apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Then went to a local eatery for which we had coupons for free lunch.
So, by the time we were finished, it was nearly time for the next story time. We arrived early, anticipating the huge crowds again.
No one was there.
Charis had the story time all to herself.
So they read TWO stories.
And enjoyed hot cocoa and chocolate cake with peppermint pieces on it from the cafe downstairs.
And colored.
And made crafts.
And then she ate all the M&Ms off her candied apple. Forget the apple. She went for the goodies.
That night it snowed. So on Sunday, it was all about:
Snow angels!





5 comments:
Wow, so let me get this straight...you are teaching your young, impressionable daughter that it PAYS to be late?? (see? I can pick on you!!)
Looks like a splendid weekend!
Miss you. xox
What a fun day at the mall!
Not one other person came??? That's sad.
Dawn, YES! :)
I miss you, too!!!
Kathy, the first session was packed. But other than being told there was a second session, which they don't usually have, I saw no other advertising of it.
It was just for Charis. =) I bet she was loving that attention!
new post! new post!
Post a Comment